Scheming Taxi Drivers

A word of caution to all who are taking taxis. Be careful when taking the taxis especially when you are not sure of the route to your destination. Recently, because I did not specify the EXACT route to take to my destination, I was taken on a more roundabout route and ended up paying more.

In the first instance, going from Jurong to Ang Mo Kio, the speedy route is via PIE and Lornie Road during the evening peak hours but as I fell asleep in the taxi, the driver instead bypassed Lornie Road exit and headed into town utilising CTE and peak hour traffic jams. In the end, I had to pay a few dollars more for the trip and getting to my destination slower.

The other incident was a trip from Sembawang to Ang Mo Kio. Instead of Upper Thomson Road-SLE-Lentor Avenue, the driver instead opted to go the roundabout way of travelling the entire Upper Thomson Road before turning into Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 despite being told exactly which part of Ang Mo Kio I was headed to. Again, it was a longer and more expensive journey.

Be careful and properly negotiate the path upon boarding to ensure the shortest ride and not be overcharged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

www.sold.sg, www.gleebid.com, www.simplybids.com.sg, www.crazybid.sg

WHO Announces End of COVID19 Pandemic

Singapore Presidential Election 2017