Local vs Foreign Presenters

I was atttending a conference recently and the quality of the speakers varied greatly. Having a mix of local and foreign speakers, the local ones largely paled in comparison except for a few.

While the speakers may not be outstanding, they do manage to highlight some important points which are worth noting... but looking at them, I am sorely reminded of my own weakness in speaking to others. Locals who are technically trained tend to be good in knowledge but weaker in skills such as presentations, etc.

I should look for more opportunities to speak up at work and hone my presentation skills. At the end of the day, one should realise that technical skills earn you your living but being able to speak well will earn you big money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

www.sold.sg, www.gleebid.com, www.simplybids.com.sg, www.crazybid.sg

WHO Announces End of COVID19 Pandemic

Singapore Presidential Election 2017