Human Rights in Singapore

What are human rights? By dictionary.com, it is the basic rights and freedoms to which all humans are entitled, often held to include the right to life and liberty, freedom of thought and expression, and equality before the law.

Once so often, there will be advocates of human rights who slam Singapore for not embracing human rights. However, are such assertions true? Singapore is being denounced because we do not subscribe to their versions of human rights.

Maybe I know not what exactly are human rights... I know that now my basic needs to sustain living are met, I know that I am free to say what I want as long as it does not breach the law, I know that I will be treated fairly in this society, I know that I am able to walk the streets late at night without fear of being mugged, I know that as long as I am willing to work I will not starve.

I know a good square deal when I see one and human rights as being advocated by many of these organisations are nowhere near a good square deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

www.sold.sg, www.gleebid.com, www.simplybids.com.sg, www.crazybid.sg

WHO Announces End of COVID19 Pandemic

Singapore Presidential Election 2017