Rebalancing of Portfolio

Was reviewing my unit trusts portfolio and realised that I had made some mistakes over the past year and also that some reallocation of the invested amount is needed.

I sold my OCBC Savers India to buy into HSBC India as it had a larger underlying fund size. During the period of holding HSBC, the performance of OCBC Savers continued to better that of HSBC and also, because of the per unit price of HSBC India, it is impossible to redeem the amount that is required for this rebalancing exercise. In order to remedy this, I will have to sell HSBC India and repurchase Lion India (the former OCBC India) with the intended rebalance amount. Have to remember to look closely at such details in further so that rebalancing will not incur extra charges.

My rebalancing strategy through the year had been to put additional investment amounts into my holdings which require further beefing up. As such, the allocation has remained quite well except for India which has performed very well and which somehow I went against the better of my judgement and increased my exposure to it significantly.

Going to put more into the global and GEMS funds. Some additional stability from GEMS and diversification from global should do my holdings some good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

www.sold.sg, www.gleebid.com, www.simplybids.com.sg, www.crazybid.sg

WHO Announces End of COVID19 Pandemic

Singapore Presidential Election 2017